Saturday, December 23, 2006

It's the night of the 23rd. My period has started, I have a terrible head cold, I feel like shit.

And I'm stressed. I haven't hit that zen-like calm yet reinforcing what has been done is all that will be done and there is no point worrying about it any longer. That little voice that says "Have a stiff drink. Relax. Go to bed." And I can't because my head feels so heavy I think it's going to fall off and roll under the Christmas tree.

Just so that you don't think I'm completely out of Christmas spirit, Paul and I just finished watching A Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim and feeling heart warmed I took a picture of Jakob & Paul cuddled in a chair pulled in to the kitchen beside our little tree.

Outside of the teetering on bankruptcy from the sheer commercialization of the holiday and the pressure to buy, buy, BUY!!! - I really do love Christmas, with all the lights, decorations, carols, tv specials, good will stories, time with family, the food, the cheer, the excitement...

But what do I get Norm? I'm running out of time!

No comments: