Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Today has been a horrible day. Not only has it pissed down rain for the entire day but I have entered my 5th day of virtually no sleep - thank you Jakob.

The start of the day had me yelling at Jakob (yes, I'm harbouring resentment, I need sleep!) because that child of Paul's is incredibly rude. I only admit to him during the sweet times.

Then because of the rain I opted to cram my body into a packed smelly subway car because it was too miserable to walk and the yelling at Jakob took up precious time.

Canadian Blood Services called to remind me of my appointment on Thursday to donate - which I do religiously every 2 months - only to tell me that they were retiring me as a donor because of my breast cancer. I had figured that because it was DCIS and I was having a mastectomy and no chemo or radiation I would be fine to continue after the recommended amount of time post surgery. I thought wrong. The woman did tell me that I have helped save 21 lives with this past 1 year plus of donating. I wanted to cry. I hate how this breast cancer is starting to define me and dictate the terms of my life.

My crappy day continued with a bad headache that even Tylenol wouldn't curb.

I drove over to the house to drop off hardware for the doors and found my car wasn't handling properly. Once I parked and got out I found the tire deflated to the rim. I left the car and walked in the pouring rain to pick up the kids. Jakob cried because we had to walk home. We dropped by the house with Satchel, Jakob, Geoff and Ethan and then continued home to the rental house. We were all soaked so I threw the boys pants and socks and Jakob's beloved Spiderman coat into the dryer. Unfortunately one of the kids neglected to tell me that he had a black marker and a bottle of white out in his pants pocket (who carries white out in their pockets anymore?) and both exploded in the dryer covering EVERYTHING. Especially Jakob's coat which now looks like a piece by Pollock.

Wait until Jakob sees it. To make matters worse, I think someone has stolen his fabulous firefighter style raincoat from the daycare.

My contractor called to say that the kitchen that was installed wasn't the same as the drawings he had been given or the plan that had been outlined on the floor and therefore the pendant lights over the island are out of placement. The electrician is coming tomorrow morning so I need to go over tonight in the pissing rain to mark where they should be.

And I am completely out of wine.

If I didn't have a bunch of screaming boys in the basement playing gamecube I would rest my head on the table and weep.

No comments: