Thursday, October 05, 2006





The kitchen was installed today - look at how beautiful it is!

Next Tuesday Jon returns with countertops and John is getting stainless steel priced for us for the island.

I am also enclosing a picture of the bathroom that shows off the tiles we chose for both floor and walls.




It's count down time! We may even have someone to take over the rental house - a family showed up yesterday and today to take a peek. This would be fabulous!


My other news, because this reno is no longer only about the house but also my body, is that I met with the plastic surgeon today and now have many decisions to make. When do I want to do the reconstruction, immediately or afterwards. What kind of reconstruction do I want to do - implants/autogenous/combination of both?

What I want to say is that I really just want to keep my body the way it is thank you very much. But I suppose that would be akin to walking around with a ticking time bomb just waiting to go off. Right now I'm leaning towards autogenous reconstruction which would leave me on the operating table for 8+ hours, 4-5 days in the hospital and scars that would rival Frankenstein. Plus a second surgery to create the finishing touches (you really need to be part surgeon, part artist in this line of work) and tuck in the dog ears that would result from the hip to hip scar. I should ask to see how Dr. Lipa wraps her Christmas presents - if she wraps like I do, those dog ear flaps are going to hang to my knees. If she wraps like a friend of mine, I'll look pretty darn good.

I'm beginning to know way too much about this &$^#.

No comments: