Wednesday, August 02, 2006

John called at 9:00 this morning pushing Paul to get up, get dressed and get out.

I hate this. I really hate this. Things just keep coming up and then John expects decisions to be made immediately even though the changes impact hugely on the design of the kitchen/bathroom and I have to figure out a way to accommodate them and still try to make the place look okay.

Which I'm beginning to think is impossible. And it's really bothering me that I don't think the place is going to look as good as it should, especially after all of this time and money being spent.

Now it's bulk heads and duct work that we weren't counting on replacing (hence the extra $3,600+ that John wants NOW and also the next big installment) but needs to be replaced and I just think it's a big conspiracy to drain us even more money to make up for the loss he's taking on how much the kitchen cabinets cost. I'm definitely getting myself a contractor voodoo doll and if I can't find one, I'm making them and selling them and funding my renovation with them.

The windows are finally being installed today - a week late. Turns out John doesn't need the bathroom stuff quite as quickly as he demanded, nor the bathroom vanity, and probably not even the kitchen stuff because everything is just falling behind. And maybe it wouldn't be if they were actually working on the house.

Yes, I'm bitter and maybe I'm PMSing, I don't know. But I'm working on the voodoo doll TODAY.

No comments: