Thursday, November 08, 2007

I have visited the dark friend who's name is BOTOX...and I have to admit, kind of like it!

Though now that my "angry" line is disappearing, I will have to either hold up signs saying "I'M ROYALLY PISSED" to my little family or continue yelling at them until they catch on.

Having lost the ability to scowl and feeling as though I have a small plastic shield in my forehead, I will tell you the story of how this came to pass.

I was in medical terms, a "guinea pig" or as they say in Latin, an "ineaguay igpay".

A friend of mine is leaving the life of an ER doctor and starting a family practice downtown. Like a number of family doctors in Toronto, he would like to "compliment" his general practice with cosmetic procedures - which really means he wants to make a lot more money by injecting happy people with needles and less of the annoying and poorly-paying pap tests and ball squishing (whatever they do to guys behind closed doors).

So he took the course and then needed victims to practice on...which is where Pat and I came in. So in a small room in Burlington last Saturday, surrounded by 7 doctors and 1 expert I was poked by many needles - mainly addressing the "anger" line which I truly haven't been enjoying of late.

And I have to tell you - it's nearly gone! And if I can actually get a picture of my face where I'm not blinking or looking like I'm about to fall over drunk because I can't keep my eyes open when the flash pops, I'll show you.

Paul asked why I would bother do it so I explained that it's part of my giving nature, helping out a friend...and most importantly, it was FREE!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, free, my favourite word (right up there with 'service' which means 'free' in Korean).
First plastic surgery.
Then a tattoo.
Now botox.
Slippery slop, Meg, slippery slope.
Joan Collins, Pamela Andeson, Cher.
Are these the new idols of my sister?

Mother of boys said...

You can call me Barbie.

Anonymous said...

I'm a barbie girl, in the barbie world
Life in plastic, it's fantastic!
you can brush my hair, undress me everywhere
Imagination, life is your creation

I'm a blond bimbo girl, in the fantasy world
Dress me up, make it tight, I'm your dolly
You're my doll, rock'n'roll, feel the glamour in pink,
kiss me here, touch me there, hanky panky...
You can touch, you can play, if you say: "I'm always yours"

Mother of boys said...

Wow - that was weird and more than a little unnerving.

Anonymous said...

Never really paid attention to the lyrics of that song when it was on the radio but your "Call me Barbie" comment sprang the song to mind.
Upon reading I thought "What a truly bizarre song".
Upon posting it I thought "Will probably make people wonder what kind of relationship we have."