Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I'm home! I survived my mastectomy and reconstruction!

But it was 15 hours long, not the 8 hours that had initially stressed me about.

And I feel like I was hit by a truck, which then backed up and then drove off again. But that's why the good drugs are dispensed I suppose and with the drugs, the insane dreams to keep me entertained.

Thanks to everyone for your support and encouragement during this time, it truly helped me get through it. My thanks especially to my incredible plastic surgeon, Dr. Joan Lipa, for her amazing work. I had tried to prepare myself for the end results by looking at images of other women who had gone through similar surgeries and I couldn't be happier with the results. Dr. Lipa is quite an artist as well as accomplished surgeon; a young beautiful willowy blonde with a team of young handsome doctors. One nurse likened her and her entourage to that of a rock star.

I will write later but wanted to get one quick note out saying that I am fine and am thrilled the surgery is finally over so that I can now focus on healing.

No comments: