Thursday, May 20, 2010

It is not my fault. The drama that is my 8 year old can only come from his father's side.

And it is this drama that makes me fantasize about cold frothy drinks on a patio, basking in the sun and warm temperatures where no one under 21 is allowed.

Jakob just said he wishes Holland didn't exist because that would make his homework much easier.

And I have said "stop with the complaining! small children in certain parts of the world are plucked from their homes, forbidden to go to school and are forced to move big rocks around all day!" Jakob of course focused on forbidden to go to school.

To backtrack, Jakob is working on his homework assignment. A few paragraphs to accompany a map he has drawn showing early settlers coming to Canada from Europe. There have been many tears and groans, as if he is constipated and has not seen the toilet in weeks.

The printing of the good copy is now causing him physical pain and he must lie down on the sofa for I'm not sure how long. And perhaps I should put a cartoon on for good measure. Things are looking bleak, he might not survive.

Now he has rolled off the sofa, across the filthy carpet and onto the wood floor. It is his strength and determination that will take him far in life, he will make it back to the kitchen to finish his homework. It's just going to take a while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

re: And it is this drama that makes me fantasize about cold frothy drinks on a patio, basking in the sun and warm temperatures where no one under 21 is allowed.

Can we go there when I am in Toronto next week?

Unknown said...

Ah, kidlets and homework...sigh. I hear you. We too have the drama and it's like pulling teeth. Hopefully it will all get easier!