Saturday, May 22, 2010

Good news: Blue the Fish is still alive! I know you have all been wondering with bated breath, but I'm not posting an image as proof so you will have to take my word on it.

In other news: Jakob washed the dishes, and the floor as a secondary bonus, and feels that with all the chores he has done, each dish representing one chore, he deserves TWO allowances. Bless his heart.

Finally I had my yearly MRI last night, this time at Princess Margaret Hospital. I bounce back and forth so much between Mt. Sinai and PMH that I no longer remember where I had my last mammogram or MRI because I have fused the two hospitals together.

But now I know the difference between a PMH MRI and a Mt Sinai MRI and I would have to say experiencing the two, I far prefer Mt Sinai.

Who would have thought there would be a difference, really. Big white tunnel, lots of noise, ear plugs, IV pumping dye through your veins, right?

But Mt Sinai is actually a more pleasant experience on the grand scale of things, and whereas I used to zone out and pretend I was on a beach (a loud beach in the throes of a tsunami - the noise representing the sounds of crashing waves) with a slight breeze blowing over my body, and I was feet first in the tunnel instead of headfirst so not quite as claustrophobic an experience, and the operator would talk to me to give me an idea how long each segment would last so I had an idea of when this beach moment would be over...

This time: head first, no talking, no breeze, and a different kind of futuristic knocking noise so I spent my time thinking "this is really fucking annoying" rather than "when is the cabana boy going to bring me my drink?".

At least it's over for another year and I meet with my oncologist Dr. McDreamy, I mean McCready, next month to discuss the results and my thoughts on having another mastectomy.

Didn't expect that did you! From fish to mastectomy in 8 easy paragraphs. Ha!

Here's to a fantastic long weekend!

No comments: