Friday, January 29, 2010

First, I have to write I LOVE THAT IT'S THE WEEKEND! Thank god, one more day of work and I would have had to...well...do something not so very pleasant to someone other than myself. I mean really, what's the point of doing something to myself, that's not going to solve anything.

I realized it's been a while since I last did a wine post and since I haven't stopped drinking wine decided to blog in between glasses about a new cheap purchase made this afternoon and quickly shared with friends.

La Casona, 2007 Monastrell

They lured me in with their advertising: 89 points for $8.95.

A red that's bold with a complex nose of black cherries, violets, and casis notes, a little on the darker side. On the palate it's fresher and lighter than expected with moderate tannins and a bit more wood. Tastes like a more expensive wine with a good finish. Monastrell is the Spanish name for mourvedre, grown in the Rhone and Languedoc areas of France.

Definitely worth decanting the wine to give it a little boost and with my present from Santa this year, a handy dandy little creation that decants by the glass, a fabulous way to end the work week!

No comments: