Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Scenes from Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0446029/) are being filmed in our neighbourhood with the park and a few houses being blanketed with fake snow. (Not our crack den obviously, sadly no place in the movie for my little horror.)

Satchel and a few of his friends have been hanging around the movie set on their lunch hour and after school and were able to meet Michael Cera who plays the main character in the film. MC is now Satchel's favourite movie star because frankly Satchel's adoration can be bought for $2. Unless it's me trying to buy him off, then the price goes way up and usually involves a trip to Toys R Us. After the scene was filmed, MC came over to the kids and thanked them for watching quietly and as their reward, took them to where they keep the soft drinks and let them grab one of their choosing.

I asked Satch what the scene was about and he said "I have no idea, but he was dressed kind of weird. Kind of old fashioned."

I said "Old fashion? I thought it was supposed to be the 1980s?"

Satch says "That's why, it's RETRO!"

I'm going to hang on to retro rather than old fashion when defining myself as I stumble into the closet most mornings half asleep, pulling out something to wear that was either purchased in the 80s (very old), around when Satch was born (1996 - kind of old), or when Jakob was born (2001) until now (considered new).


No comments: