Thursday, November 27, 2008

Paul and I have been on the South Beach diet for the past 11 days (I should say me loosely since my south beach diet still includes wine and caffeinated coffee) and it has been fabulous! Paul has lost so much weight, no longer snores, his skin has cleared up and (he's going to kill me) his nasty gas affliction has been curbed. It's a miracle diet!

The hardest part for me has been the freaking egg consumption. I don't mind the occasional egg but every morning is torture. And fried up in a pan with a slight spraying of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray does not make it any better. The rubbery and then suspiciously crunchy texture in my mouth, the absolute blandness in flavour - all I want is my high fibre crunchy cereal. It's making me cranky.

But I must add, I'm down a notch in my belt! And I'm sure my blood levels are fabulous even with the slight alcohol content I would probably register.

I'm off to Princess Margaret for my mammogram today. I had hoped the lumpectomy and the mammogram I had in September (with the wire in my breast) would have negated my needing one but nope. I can only hope that having just had surgery, there will be no surprises found this time.

No comments: