Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Please welcome the newest addition to our little family...

Bambi.




Isn't he beautiful and shiny?

I swear I'm slightly autistic, just swing a shiny bauble in front of me and I'll pretty much do anything asked...while drooling.

But here's an interesting observation on the differences between men and women (and this is just a generalization so no need for any nasty responses):

I picked this up while Satchel was at his party at the Rivoli on Sunday. I said to my friends that I just have to nip out for a minute to get this thing I bought. My girlfriends asked what it was and I said "a SHINY DEER HEAD!!!" Because that's how excited I was. One friend said "Meg, I love you! I thought you were going to say a dress or something not a SHINY DEER HEAD!" Another girlfriend said "Meg, you're crazy I can't wait to see it! I love your sense of style!" I don't know if you can really call what I do to my house style though.

A male friend said "Meg, are you drunk?" Another father said "Yeah, how much have you had to drink?"

I was sober by the way. Stone cold sober but delirious with joy.

When I brought it back in, everyone gathered around to see it.

All the women thought I was crazy but loved it. All the men thought that I had been drinking.

Now Paul, when he saw it? He rolled his eyes and I'm pretty sure THOUGHT I had been drinking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Meg, you're crazy!"
Never one to argue with a woman so I will just have to agree.
Besides I know you were never one to overindulge so you could not have been drunk.
Though looking at it, it must be in the genes, I just want to run out and buy one for the big room in the basement.