Friday, February 15, 2008

How I spend a PD day.

8:30am: I have pictures taken of me on the toilet by Jakob.

11:00am: Jakob and his friend plot how to destroy the house and render me insane.

11:16am: Jakob and friend wonder whether it would be fun to pee on me. NOOOOO! I scream and feed them pop corn as a distraction.

11:55am: Kick Jakob and friend out of kitchen demanding silence and that they play gameboy, giving me a chance to work on a project I had promised my brother over a month ago.

1:00pm: Feed kids lunch.

1:30pm: Take kids to friend's parents' house and go to No Frills.

Now I am home, it's 3pm and the house is quiet. I kind of want a drink.

For my brother:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on surviving PD day. Today is Family Day in AB. First time I have not had to work it. Spending the day getting ready for the first day of my new job.

Anonymous said...

Another perk to living out West.
No No Frills around here.
Is the one off of St Clair still a magnet for the poor (do they have trailer parks in TO?) white trash of the area?
No Frills might be cheap but I always felt like going home for a hot shower after shopping there.

Mother of boys said...

Nope, hasn't changed at all, it's still disgusting.

But the produce is still better than Loblaws and half the price - I'm still amazed at how much I can buy for so little.

But one should enter quickly with a mission or a list and a sanitizer of some sort and then get out fast.

And then yes, hot shower on returning home.