Sunday, January 06, 2008

A belated happy new year to everyone!

I have been half avoiding the blog, trying to decide whether to keep it going. There are still so many loose ends to tie up - the lump that needs to be determined (I am waiting impatiently for the doctor's office to call me back with an appointment, after MANY messages left). I also need to have John come through for the deficiency list - which will probably happen as timely as my appointment with the doctor. Knowing John, he's just waiting for me to have more surgery so that he can disturb my recovery YET AGAIN with his work mates.

So in a round about way, I guess I have answered myself - must keep the drama going.

So, 2008.

I really didn't make a true new year's resolution (outside of trying to wean myself off brain cell killing dribble that includes Britney Spear's life) but did decide to make a list of everything I talk about doing but never get around to. Things like taking a cooking course, taking an illustrator course, taking guitar lessons, planning a trip. It's going to be a pretty long list, because my brain works at a pretty frantic pace - and according to tonight's Brain-age test, the speed of a 20 year old's!

One thing I can check off my list is skating - something I haven't done in over 25 years. I bought a new pair of skates yesterday with the help of a gift certificate from my office and the four of us went this afternoon. I did a lot better than I expected (read DIDN'T FALL ONCE!) and was actually gliding around quite confidently. Still stopping like I used to - running myself into the boards.

I'm also in the process of dismantling my Christmas tree which is making me a bit wistful because I really loved the tree this year - it's size, it's shape, the ornaments. I also am very aware of how fragile life is and want this moment to be suspended for a while where we are all together happy, healthy and content, having enjoyed our dinner out at the local pub last night which resulted in a lot of laughter, pretending to be a family rock band afterwards with Jakob creating the song titles and then skating together this afternoon. I would edit out the lice I found in Jakob's head on Friday though, hate that.

So again, may everyone have the most wonderful 2008 - it's time to take the lights off the tree and get the kids into the bath.

No comments: