Thursday, July 05, 2007

Some mornings are best spent in bed.

Which was my first thought when I woke with a weather-induced headache. But when you only work part-time, you think to yourself "oh suck it up princess, you can get your sorry ass out of bed for a few hours anyway."

My morning started with Satchel and I leaving the house, me on my bike and Satch on his scooter, to first find Jakob's car window had been left wide open since Tuesday night, and we have only had rain since Wednesday morning. I considered this a sign that I had made a mistake.

Then my pant leg gets caught in my bike chain and I stop to fix it only to raise my body and have my Tiffany necklace chain snap like thread after getting caught on the handlebar..and I think, and say loudly, "FUCK!!!!"
'
Unfortunately there was an older woman putting her garbage out and right beside me when I said my favourite word loudly. I explained "but it's a Tiffany necklace!", tucked it into my pocket and headed off to Satchel's camp.

Then the heavens opened and the rain poured down - hard, the entire way to work.

I should have stayed in bed became my mantra the entire ride in.

But as always, there is a silver lining to every cloud: the shoes that I have been coveting for months were on the clearance table and in my size! So they just had to be mine to make up for the rest of the day.

I go to bed a very happy woman.

No comments: