Friday, March 30, 2007

New York was fantastic! But sadly my terrible luck in hotel rooms prevailed. Even though I thought I had a free upgrade to a suite in the bag by throwing on to the table my breast cancer card (I said I was still recovering and tired and would prefer a room with a great view because I might spend more time in the room than usual), I still wound up with this:



And this was my view:





I immediately called the front desk and asked to be switched - I mean, was this REALLY the only non-smoking room in the entire hotel? Come on! COME ON! Even with the free unlimited lattes the Shoreham has to offer, the glass of champagne handed to me upon check-in, that we were only blocks from Central Park, I wanted more of a view than a bunch of ducts and a man's face staring back at me from the other side. The face was a bit unnerving.

They did move us the very next day to a room that faced the street, where you could actually see the sky and discern what the weather was - or if it was day versus night.

Unfortunately our trip didn't start well with problems at LaGuardia keeping up stranded in Toronto - either high winds preventing us from leaving or someone in the LaGuardia control tower wasn't having a very good day. By the time we arrived in NY, we had just enough time to get to the hotel, change, clean up and have a surprise run in with William at the hotel bar. The handsome guy in the back is Paul.




Willy's show was fabulous! I channeled the 80s with a hint of Edie Sedgwick and had a fabulous time.




Here we are in front of the Forum Gallery about to go to the dealer's house for dinner.



Check out William's work at: http://www.forumgallery.com/current_on1.php?id=174

I'm off but will write more NY stories tomorrow.

No comments: